Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 4




This week our challenge was to follow steps for a piece similar to an artist that Kerry found, by the name of Kelly Rae Roberts. It uses the technique of collaging and painting over the top of it. It also suggested painting affirmations on your painting. She has a very informative and creative blog site too.

So here's my attempt......I created the collage and fell in love with it and had a hard time painting over the top of it. I liked the reds and blacks in it and I put some red in some gel medium to stick the pieces on. Because I don't scrapbook I didn't have scrapbook paper, instead I cut up newspapers and magazines.

I then got stuck into it after looking at my collage for a very long time. I started with the colours and was freaking out about choosing the wrong colours then worried about them not blending properly. Finally I gave in and let go and chose a figure I drew on the collage. I have to say I suprised myself and am happy with the results - more than I thought anyway!

Sorry about the sequence of the photos, I'm having trouble editing my posts!

1 comment:

  1. I love both of these pieces - think the colours work well. What I love is the freedom and flow of the paintings. Just love the face on the figure. So different to mine.

    ReplyDelete