Friday, June 18, 2010

Week 1 "Picture With Your Name"



Kerry came up with the great idea of incorporating your name in a picture. We could use any media we liked and create as many pictures as we liked, as long as we completed one.

The first thing I thought of was using my letters of my name to shade the picture, it seemed a little intense for my first piece so I then moved to putting my name into my hair.

As you can see, I technically didn't finish the picture, I think I find myself not completing pieces because I get to a point where I think too much, feel like I've gone to far and am unsure about going too far ahead. Something I need to work on............still really enjoyed this one, I liked that I thought a little outside the box.

Then I thought I should loosen up, I saw what Kerry did that week with her name and was inspired to do another name picture. I remember doing plenty of doodles in black pen when I was in high school and uni. I even cut them out later in the year and stuck them together to make a collage. So this was my bit of a trip down memory lane.
I had more fun with this one because I wasn't thinking, just letting the pen go where it wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment