Friday, July 23, 2010

Week 7 "Painting to Music"

This week I wanted to play around with a different medium, so I decided to use water colours. I really have no experience with water colour but I wanted the washy blend of colours in my picture.

I put my headphones in and put on a relaxing playlist from my iphone. It was a self-made compilation of artists like zero 7, cowboy junkies, regina spektor and sia.

I found myself drawn to blues, drawing in a horizontal plane. I have to say I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out, for such a quick job. I think I really got in to mood and painted my emotions. I painted this one at night, which is when I'm alert but relaxed. I think this helped :-)

1 comment:

  1. I realy like the colours in this piece and the washy effect of the different blues with a bit of black - the black looks like birds flying to me. Could see this idea for a painting expanded out further with a bit more time.

    ReplyDelete